A well-known product in the building restoration because of its plasticity and workability.
This product boasts a consolidated and longstanding history, and is used in restoration of historical buildings and in masonry work, as well as for stucco since ancient times. It is also used in agriculture as a biocide.
Lime putty can react well with quick lime or calcium hydroxide. After adding the necessary amount of water so that it reaches the desired consistency it is left to rest so as to ensure its complete maturation and the development of its plasticity; aging improves the properties of the putty.
The main advantages of this product are:
- Natural and versatile product.
- High plasticity and workability.
- High water retention capacity.
- Greater permeability, allows steam to pass, therefore reducing humidity.
- High malleability before it hardens.
- Excellent thermal and acoustic insulation.